Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Self Making

 I learned a bit about personal style this past month. Me Made May was an enlightening experience- I not only found an inner spark pushing to wear handmade pieces that were long forgotten or suspended in the back of the closet, but also honing in on my overall look. This is an endless project and I've had lulls, tried new things, made interesting decisions and gone through the cycle of wardrobe evaluation before. I've grappled with maintaining my style, especially after becoming a mother, and have watched as my closet evolved to fit different needs. In the midst of my less fashionable phases I realized taking on a different role in life did not mean sacrificing style, and have been refining the little glimpse of me that I wear each day.




During this overhaul I purged some lazy knit t-shirts and old jean shorts that were kicking around far too long. I made room for two pairs of maritime shorts, two skirts the purple dress pictured above and have thoroughly been enjoying each piece. The maritime shorts were completely worth the wait- the red pair were actually my 'muslin' that ended up being wearable, as in I want to wear them everyday. I had to take in the sides slightly, thus the smaller scale pockets, but it just steered me in the right direction on sizing for the next pair I made. I highly suggest checking out this pattern if you are interested in learning the secret art of shorts making. I had tried other patterns years ago that didn't break it down as effortlessly as this little gem did. And grainline studios also offers super helpful walkthroughs if you get caught up along the way. If that wasn't enough to sell you, then check out all these fine ladies rocking their creations:

vintage inspired by skirt as top
little stars by miss make
amazing print at lladybird
awesomely bright by cloth habit
grainline studio's own modified hem

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love the dress, what pattern did you use?

Anonymous said...

The significance involving Chanel luggage stages from a minimal lots many 1, 000 us dollars and are also distributed to acquire along with online spots around the globe. chanel replica handbags Chanel clutches are generally constructed from the most beneficial leathers, silks plus textiles restrictive good quality is actually reproduced the atlanta area divorce proceedings legal representatives Chanel hand handbag. Chanel luggage are generally functional all of which will get pretty much at any place. fake hermes Your Chanel Old-fashioned Cavier Handbags has become the Chanel clutches inside decrease cost range, replica watches uk nevertheless that will gives precisely the same good quality plus fashion certain to the market place. rolex replica This specific distinctive Chanel hand handbag may be used in the day as well as night; it can be created out of your softest natural leather by using a bracelet with regards to platinum string. rolex replica Involving path, their interior can be placed because of the Chanel logo.